8 WEDGE® Forcible Entry Tool
With the 8 WEDGE®, Firefighters and First Responders gain an edge in the first crucial moments of a fire. Developed both in the classroom and on the fire ground, the aluminum 8 WEDGE® has evolved into a crucial life-saving piece of gear. Like the halligan, ax, and roof hook, firefighting wedge is intended to be a multi-purpose, versatile, life saving tool.
Made in the USA
Machined in our CNC shop from lightweight & strong 6061 aluminum. The 8 WEDGE® is designed, developed, tested, and manufactured by firefighters. R.J. Machine Company is proudly firefighter owned and operated.
- 100% designed, made, and tested in the USA!
- Weighing only 7.3 oz, the 8 Wedge is lightweight and versatile
- Strong 6061 aluminum construction
- Create and hold door gaps
- Cutout adds extra grip when you have gloves on.
- Easily repair usage marks with a metal file
- Fully customizable with engraving and colors
- Can do things that would destroy a wooden wedge!
Gas shut off tool
Some examples of the 8 WEDGE® used as a gas shutoff tool. The unique shape of the "8" cutout allows it to manipulate many gas valves seen on the fireground. Just another use for the 8 WEDGE tool that is easily accessible to you!